Eastern European Association of the Greens (EEAG) – The non-profit association created in 2016 by Ukrainian and Lithuanian representatives of the greens. The Association aims to involve more Eastern European members interested in environmental protection and expand its influence throughout Eastern European region and wider if necessary. The Association aims to work closely with the organizations of the Greens of Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Ukraine, Lithuania and Latvia.
OUR GOALS and TASKS:
- to protect the environment and support local communities and society, at national and international levels;
- to stimulate and organize initiatives and activities on a European and international level in order to accomplish a common «green» political agenda and, to ensure close and permanent cooperation between the European countries, and beyond;
- to form European awareness and seek to express the political will of the citizens of Europe, and beyond, as well as to realize the full potential of green political representation at all political levels;
- to contribute to constant dialogue with the European institutions;
• to contribute to development of European and international public sphere, where citizens can be involved in political dialogue to shape decisions taken at European level, and beyond;
- to promote and support cooperation in protection of the environment at national, European and international level;
- to provide sound, independent information on the environment;
- to help decision makers make informed decisions about improving the environment, integrating environmental considerations into economic policies and moving towards sustainability;
- to support sustainable development by helping to achieve significant and measurable improvement in Europe’s environment, through the provision of timely, targeted, relevant and reliable information to policymaking agents and to public;
- to provide assessments and information in the form of reports, short briefings and articles, press material and a range of online products and services;
- to search funding for joint or regional environmental projects.
In order to achieve these purposes, the Association may carry out all actions that are directly or indirectly related to its aim, including:
- Advising on environmental matters;
- Publication and distribution of documents or periodical in written, electronic or other form;
- Organization of conferences, forums, training programs, visits;
- Participation in any taskforce group, associations and other organizations;
- Founding and co-founding other associations and organizations;
- Carrying out commercial activities, which are allowed for the organisation’s main notfor-profit object.